DFMA Map Viewer
Drag and Drop an FDF-MAP file to open.
Extracted Tiles from:
- Move Map
- Click and Drag
- Use the 8642 keys to move one tile at a time.
- Hold the z key to move by 10 tiles at a time
(Shift doesn't work due to the DOM wanting to scroll the entire window when holding shift)
Zoom out: -
- Zoom in: + or =
- Change Layer
This viewer was created using P5.js. The parser for the
FDF-MAP files is written
- Side / Front View (as in flash version)
- UI Controls (Mostly for mobile)
- Repeating input when holding down movement keys (utilize acceleration so it doesn't happen instantly and
slowly speeds up.)
29 May 2020
Implemented an internal "ZoomTo" function. The function takes the following parameters:
If an invalid layer is given, nothing happens.
- layer - layer to zoom to (i.e. layer 76)
- scale - zoom level (same as page zoom level)
- xTile - x Coordinate of tile to zoom to (Starts at 0)
- yTile - y Coordinate of tile to zoom to (starts at 0)
Added keyboard only movement. The numpad 8,6,4,2 keys will move one tile at a time. And holding the z
key will make the movement with the numpad move by 10 each press.
4 May 2020
Fixed small hang when initially loading map. (Entire DOM was freezing when parsing individual
1 May 2020
- Fixed slow parsing. Manually manipulated each color channel (RGBA) of the image. MUCH faster.
- Contacted Markavian with initial product.
30 April 2020
Implemented map parsing fully.
- Smooth zooming
Parsing is SUPER SLOW! Most likely due to using P5.Image's 'set' function.
29 April 2020
Basic Tile Viewing. (This version just gets a map and displays its tiles.)